We are glad you have found your way here to the new Handshake website. Here we provide a brief introduction of what you can find and what you can expect in the future.
We have structured the website into three main categories.
- Cities - if you live in one of our partner cities and are interested in their role in the project, or if you already know about cycling activities there and want to find out more
- Processes - if you want to understand how cities approach transforming themselves, and techniques you could also use to inspire change in your own city
- Solutions - if you are a practitioner and perhaps want to know more about the specific solutions being developed by Handshake cities, under the 4 key themes covering planning, infrastructure, evaluation and marketing
Around this and from each page (cities in particular) you will find resources and additional media. Between 2018 and 2022, Handshake will develop its work and you can expect Made in Handshake resources to increase substantially.
Updates planned for the website in the coming months include:
- A timeline for the project and for activities in each individual city
- An interactive map of city relationships
- Methods for processes such as transition planning and study exchanges
- News from events such as Velo-city and the next Handshake meeting in Munich.
To keep up to date, follow us on social media or sign up to our newsletter.
The Handshake Communications Team