The COVID-19 pandemic has shown cities around the world the need for more resilient and equitable mobility systems. This will be crucial not only to weather the pandemic, but also to fight climate change and to address the deepening inequalities in many urban areas worldwide.
In the upcoming event, Celebrating Cycling Cities, hosted by the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF) and the Dutch Cycling Embassy (DCE), representatives from European cities and EU institutions will debate and share best practices for how to shape more cycle-friendly urban mobility systems.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Daniel Mes, Member of Cabinet of European Commission Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General of DG MOVE and Mission Manager of “100 Climate-Neutral Cities by 2030”
- Stientje van Veldhoven, Dutch State Secretary for Infrastructure and Water Management
- Geert Kloppenburg, Host of the Metropolitan Mobility Podcast
- Mario Gualdi and Pascal van den Noort on behalf of CIVITAS Handshake
- Political representatives from the cities of Amsterdam (TBC), Bologna, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Gdańsk, Helsinki, Lisbon, Munich, Paris (TBC) and Valencia
The two-hour event will be moderated by Lucas Harms, Managing Director of DCE, and Jill Warren, CEO of ECF, with introductions and closing remarks by Henk Swarttouw, President of ECF.
See you there!
When: Tuesday, 1 June 2021, 3:00-5:00 pm
Register here: celebrating-cycling-cities